>Important Spiritual Steps: Devotion to the Teacher, Satsang Instruction, Repeating the Divine Name, Visualising the Form (Dhyan), Seeing Inner Light,
>Important Spiritual Steps: Devotion to the Teacher, Satsang Instruction, Repeating the Divine Name, Visualising the Form (Dhyan), Seeing Inner Light, Hearing the Sound, Reaching a State of Oneness with the Soundless One
Maharishi Mehi Paramahansa Ji Maharaj, from: “The Philosophy of Liberation” (Moksa-Darsan):
53. Listening to and study of the discourses on this sacred knowledge is an important step in the Sant Mat tradition. Listening to satsanga (spiritual discourses) is prescribed as an essential activity.
54. The personal and private instruction in the art of this spiritual practice should be received from a Satguru (an accomplished spiritual master). Once the technique has been learned, one should practice it regularly and daily according to the instructions given by the master.
70. Through constant practice of the Meditation of Sound, the practitioner also experiences the Divine Light. Just as upon attending a concert, one cannot help but notice the beautiful setting, of Upper Nature, the plurality of sounds ceases to exist, and only then can the Essential Divine sound be experienced. Other sounds of the various Realms are not experienced at this level of the State of Oneness because diversity does not exist in the state of Oneness.
75. The State beyond Sound is acknowledged in the writings of saints as the goal of their teachings. In addition, their writings accept repetition of a Divine name, concentration on a form of the Divine, fixing the mind on a point and concentrating on the inner sounds of the different spheres as a means to reach the Soundless State. These four techniques are therefore essential in Sant Mat.
76. Without achieving perfection in the Yoga of Sound, the realization of the Supreme Sovereign God or the Knowledge of the Self cannot be achieved.
77. Without resolute devotion to the guru (a spiritual master), even by means of the Yoga of Sound, the realization of the Supreme Sovereign God is not possible. Without the help of the master, it is not possible to attain the full devotion for the Divine and the highest good.
- Posted in: Uncategorized